The title may sound familiar but
frankly I couldn’t think of a better one for my thoughts today. I had a bad
habit of watching news daily which I started skipping coz of work. But that
habit is back to haunt me again!! In this era of smart phones and internet, you
are never alone, and never out of the loop.
If you are poor you cant expect people to care about you. Why should they? Why should they help you even if you are injured (and dying) on road? If you don’t get clean water to drink, that’s your problem, install a water purifier! If your area has nuisance of thieves or serial killers, that’s your problem, hire private patrolling (as in few areas of some countries). If you buy a home in an illegal building which can’t stand even for few years, that’s your fault. People will make such building, its their right, why did you buy a flat there? You cant expect anyone to give you good public transport facilities, get a car for yourself. If women are being harassed (or molested or even raped), it’s their fault! If everything has become costly, its nobodys fault!!
Frankly you cant blame anyone trying to earn more money by hook or by crook, coz this is no country for poor men (and women).
p.s. - tomorrow if you find me missing or in the hospital then please understand that someone got offended by what I wrote!! But kya karoon cannot stop myself from writing (as one of the cheesy lines in one of the movies – Indian hun, senti ho jaata hun)
Pick up any newspaper or watch
any news channel and you will agree with me today, that this is no country for
poor people. The “rich and connected” can, say whatever they want, whenever they want, to whomsoever and even if someone or everyone opposes them, they can get
away by apologizing or shrugging it off!! They can (accidently) kill people or (accidently)
be a part of major conspiracy or a terrorist attack and stay away from jail (people
may find you being human for that). They can hit anyone (even a policeman) and
be supported for that! They have access to best of social and medical facilities
even if you don’t require (or in many cases don’t deserve them). You don’t have
to stand in line anywhere if you are rich, come on why should you! The country has rules and law but only for the
middle class and poor. If you stop at a traffic signal when its red, you are considered
a fool. In fact at night you have a risk of being hit by someone if
you dare to do so!
If you are poor you cant expect people to care about you. Why should they? Why should they help you even if you are injured (and dying) on road? If you don’t get clean water to drink, that’s your problem, install a water purifier! If your area has nuisance of thieves or serial killers, that’s your problem, hire private patrolling (as in few areas of some countries). If you buy a home in an illegal building which can’t stand even for few years, that’s your fault. People will make such building, its their right, why did you buy a flat there? You cant expect anyone to give you good public transport facilities, get a car for yourself. If women are being harassed (or molested or even raped), it’s their fault! If everything has become costly, its nobodys fault!!
I cant even write any further. Nowadays,
I don’t even feel like running thru the headlines in the newspapers. Of course I
am interested in who is going to become the next head of my country, but that’s
not the only thing I wanna hear from my leaders. I don’t want to know whose
fault is it, I am tired of the blame game, I want to know what is being done
about it!
Frankly you cant blame anyone trying to earn more money by hook or by crook, coz this is no country for poor men (and women).
p.s. - tomorrow if you find me missing or in the hospital then please understand that someone got offended by what I wrote!! But kya karoon cannot stop myself from writing (as one of the cheesy lines in one of the movies – Indian hun, senti ho jaata hun)
No comments:
Post a Comment